Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Flying object

  1. #1
    - 3n1-
    Guest - 3n1-'s Avatar

    Question

    Hi,am new to this place,& I have been making little playaround movies with a sony>Dig-8 camera my dad bought for his work(he only uses it like once a month so he kinda let me have it if I paid a little)anyways I am in the middle of making my first film with my 8 year old brother,my cousin,& my friend down the street(my first with computer editing)& I was wondering if any of you new how to like...track a football as it is flying through the air.I was thinking of maybe hookin the ball to a string attached to my cam-stand,spin the ball,take off running.But the scene is being filmed on rough ground so I don't know...anything would help

    ------------------
    Matt L

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Yammeryammeryammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, welcome to the forum. I had an idea for that a while ago. But I am known for doing weird and borderline stupid things with my camera. We used to duct tape ours to the hood of the car and chase people. Good footage, but it is risky. You have a pretty nice li'l camera, and so this idea probably won't turn your crank much, but you could have a shot of the person throwing the ball, and then cut to a shot from the ball's point of view. As in tape the ball to the camera, so you can get the tip in view, then strap it to a poll and wizz it through the air your desired path, and have someone catch it on the other end. I don't know if this is the type of shot you were looking for, but it is an idea none the less. Good luck.

    ------------------
    "Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do start to criticize him, you're already a mile away, and you have his shoes."

    -The Creative Genius, or Lack There of behind Stebner Getting Hit By A Car Productions Ltd.

  3. #3
    - 3n1-
    Guest - 3n1-'s Avatar

    Post

    yeah,that sounds good but I kinda wanted the ball to be spinning at the same time.But I guess I am just gonna haveto play around...thanks for the reply!!!!

    ------------------
    Matt L

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •